You need live jazz?
We've got you covered.
1. Give us some details about your gig: time, date, address, budget.
2. We'll check which local bands can play your gig.
3. We'll give you a list of available musicians. You can listen to sample clips, visit their websites before you book.
4. Pick the band you like the most.
5. After the band is booked, we ask for a voluntary donation which helps us cover our costs and enhance our service.
What bands may I book?
Over 100 top jazz bands can be found on our website. Right now we are only booking gigs in the New York City Area, Hamptons, Los Angeles, Miami, and Atlanta.
Where does my donation go?
A famous New Orleans playwright wrote about depending "on the kindness of strangers." We feel the same way.
Say you book a band for $300. We ask for a voluntary donation of 10 percent or $30. So your total would be $330. The $30 goes toward covering our costs
(web hosting, distribution) and enhancing our service (creating a ratings/review system, for instance).
Is MFT a non-profit?
Yes, and your donation to MFT is tax deductible.
Who works at MFT?
We're a few friends that are trying to help jazz musicians find more work and spread America's classical music - jazz. We've never had paid staff.
Who uses MFT?
Event planners, wedding planners, restaurateurs, party throwers. Guys looking to impress a date.
I'm a band. How do I sign up on MFT?
Select "Join" and then "I'm a musician. Let me know about gigs."
Once you sign up, we'll review and approve. We're only accepting bands based in NYC area.
We're in closed beta, so we're unable to accept all bands.
What does it cost musicians to join MFT?
Nothing. No fees. No sign up costs. We're trying to help musicians find more work and make more money.
I have more questions.
Then ask us!